Sunday, January 17, 2016

Introductions In a Crowded Room

The title of this blog space comes from the mind of Bruce Mau and is named with him in mind for two reasons. When I came across the simple, powerful phrase, "begin with fact based optimism", I felt an immediate sense of connection because it summarizes my current perspective of education. After many discussions of what I "felt" was right for students, I realized the only way I will motivate institutional change is with facts. Finding the facts and data to transform practices in education is what drives my optimism during my doctoral studies. 

Secondly, Mau represents my curiosities of the creative minds outside the often impenetrable world of education. These minds includes the artists, problem solvers and innovators I look to for inspiration and a breath of cerebral fresh air. I find solace in their comfort to be amongst organized chaos and admire their ability to express their observations with evocative visuals.

This blog is a place for me to share the connections I make in my research from various studies, philosophers and creatives. The goal in sharing this information with you is to generate a dialogue that is grounded in points of quantitative and/or qualitative data. 

I realize the room for blogging is currently a crowded one. Much like any room filled with quality people, each person finds the conversation they need. This blog is not started with any intentions to build a brand for myself or win awards. That's not my style.This blog is for two things only, sharing and respectful conversation.Thank you for stopping to think with me for a while.


Hi, it's nice to meet you.

No comments:

Post a Comment